- SBF charged with conspiracy, wire fraud, money laundering by justice department, securities violations by SEC.
- FTX CEO John Ray III is scheduled to testify before the House Financial Services Committee on Tuesday.
- Binance tried to reinsure clients with its Proof Of Reserve but faced headwinds from audit experts highlighting this is not an audit report, it does not address the effectiveness of the company’s internal financial-reporting controls, and said Mazars did “not express an opinion or an assurance conclusion”.
- CME Group in partnership with CF Benchmarks plans to launch three new DeFi reference rates and real-time indices for Aave, Curve, Synthetix.
- Payments giant Stripe jumps into Web3 with tool that helps companies turn cash to crypto.
- Texas offers Bitcoin miners tool to avoid breaking power grid.
- SEC strikes back in Grayscale suit over GBTC ETF Conversion.
- The Block CEO resigns after failing to disclose $43 million in personal loans from Alameda Research.
- The Central Bank of Spain announced plans to launch its own experimental program for a wholesale CBDC.
- ETH spot to futures volumes drops below Merge levels.
- Bitcoin Future volume decline with a recurrent peak on Mondays.
Bitcoin volatility index peaked over 100% since the beginning of the year with FTX event and become more stagnant these last 2 weeks.