- Silvergate bank in the turmoil : $8.1 billion Capital outflow (60% of AuM) only in Q1, terrible results of $1 billion loss. The bank has delayed its annual report to repay debts this year and was evaluating the impact of these events on “its ability to continue as a going concern".
- Tether used fake documents to open bank account.
- Binance execs what's app messages leaked and questioned about practices to avoid US scrutiny.
- Nationwide and HSBC are the latest U.K. banking giants to impose new limits on their customer’s cryptocurrency purchases via debit cards and end purchases with credit cards.
- Futures and options volumes ticked higher again in February for bitcoin and ether. The CME benefited from the FTX collapse, with institutional investors looking towards regulated venues.
- Amazon will launch a NFT plaftorm April 24. It will tie digital ownership to physical goods delivered to customers’ doors.
- Yuga Labs launches Bitcoin NFTs.
- Uniswap wants to launch mobile wallet, but Apple does not allow for unknown reasons. In October, the company updated its App Store guidelines to include a 30% commission on all non-fungible token (NFT) sales that take place on apps listed in the App Store.