- A virulent debate is animating the Bitcoin community, the Ordinals NFT project Bitcoin-based has filled up an entire block to mine one NFT approximatively 4 Mb, for 209$ fees including 63 transactions. Some Bitcoin developers wants to limit the use of the Bitcoin Blockchain by implementing a patch.
- Alameda Research (FTX Trading arm) is suing Voyager Digital for $445.8 million, seeking to recover loan repayments it made after Voyager filed for bankruptcy protection in July.
- U.S. Department of Justice reportedly investigates Silvergate bank role in the collapse of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange.
- Venture capital (VC) in crypto startups amounted to $548 million last month, drop from $6 billion in January 2022, number of transactions shrank to 62 from 166 mainly for smaller, early-stage companies.
- A seven-member committee to represent unsecured creditors of crypto lender Genesis Global has been formed. Digital Currency Group, the holding has reportedly sold a quarter of its shares in Grayscale’s Ethereum Trust after Genesis’ bankruptcy.
- Ethereum develpers are testing ETH withdrawals ahead of Shanghai upgrade which will unleash the full staking feature. The upgrade plan in March will allow users to withdraw their ETH locked in ETH2.0 contract. Currently 16.5 million of ETH are staked, representing roughly 14 %.
- The Bank of England continues to show its desire for a central bank digital currency (CBDC) aka digital pound, releasing a consultation paper this week. UK bank CEOs are blocking customers’ access to digital assets due to concerns over fraud and volatility, asking more regulations.
- The collapsed hedge fund’s founder Kyle Davies was accused of neglecting his duties.