- Goldman Sachs ranks Bitcoin as the best-performing asset of 2023.
- Several of America’s biggest banks, including the likes of Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase, are joining forces to launch their own digital payment wallet.
- New York Regulator Investigating Crypto Exchange Gemini reportedly claimed repeatedly that its the assets of customers using its Earn product were safe thanks to being backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Bitcoin NFTs based on Taproot raised controversy.
- Secret Network validator shuts down nodes after leadership turmoil.
- Bitcoin premium hits 60% in Nigeria as country limits ATM cash withdrawals.
- Bitcoin mining revenue jumps up 50% to $23M in one month, Bitcoin mining difficulty hits a new all-time high.
- Binance moved $346 mln for seized crypto exchange Bitzlato.
- Sam Bankman-Fried, infamous ex CEO of FTX held $50 million in a tiny rural Washington state bank while claiming he has no more assets.
To watch this week
- Wednesday Feb 1st 7pm - FOMC meeting - Estimated of 25bps hike.
- Thursday Feb 2nd 12pm - BoE rate decision - Estimated of 50bps hike.
- Thursday Feb 2nd 3:15pm - ECB Rate decision - Estimated of 50bps hike.