- Genesis, owned by Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group (DCG), filed for bankruptcy protection last Thursday listing debts of around $3.5 billion. Gemini's founders, the Winklevoss brothers threatens to sue DCG.
- DOJ charges founder of crypto exchange Bitzlato for processing $700M of illegal funds after a special conference last Wednesday. Major international crypto enforcement action between Europe and US. Bitzlato is an unknown exchange with alleged linked to Russia and dark markets. Data from Arkham Intelligence shows that tens of millions of dollars flowed through intermediate wallets to Binance, the world’s largest crypto exchange.
- Signature Bank and Silvergate bank reportedly borrowed over $13 billion from the federal home loan system. Signature bank will handle transactions for crypto only above $100k.
- Bitcoin mining is booming despite market headwinds after the network’s mining difficulty hit a new all-time high of 37.59 trillion hashes
- German online bank, N26 starts to offer cryptos without the possibility to transfer outside.
- FTX Token FTT Pumps 32% after new CEO, John J. Ray III, says exchange could be revived.
- Developers finalised first 'shadow fork' for Ethereum's Shanghai upgrade, this will allow ETH to be unlocked and might trigger more capital in/outflows.
- Ava Labs and Amazon’s partnership could ‘expand the pie’ for blockchain
Podcasts / reading
In the blog post, Vitalik Buterin ( Ethereum CoFounder ) explained how on-chain transactions can be carried out between two parties with anonymity.